Monday, May 10, 2010

prospectus research paper

In my research paper, I will talk about the obesity and obesity-related diseases in the U.S. According
to my research ,the obesity and obesity-related diseases are dramatically increasing in the U.S. ,
furthermore ,the U.S. spreading those diseases to the world by American (pop) culture. The book by
Morgan Spurlock will be my primary source to explain to you how seriously those diseases are
threatening our health and what it is that makes those diseases spread more and more dangerously.

The articles I have found in JAMA (the journal of the American Medical Association), will help me to
define obesity to you more specifically and to inform you that we can lose our life sooner than we
expect according to the doctors. Also, the effects of sedentary life style and its connection with obesity
will be another topic that I am going to inform you about, as well as the chronic conditions of obesity
among children. As an example, in order to explain obesity more detailed ,I will be talking about a fifty
two years old woman with severe obesity; how she faces obesity?, what happens to her? How does
obesity effect her quality of life and stigmatize her.

Another article that I have found from lexisnexis is by Fouzia Aman and about the impacts of mass
culture on individuals .That article will be the key point of my argument about the connection with mass
(pop) culture and fast food restaurant, in other words, between mass (pop) culture and our eating habit.
That article will be very useful to fulfill my argument of obesity by relating it the culture that is spreading
fast around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment